Affordable Luxury. Custom Designs.
At Mossman Builders, we respect and understand those who set out to create dreams around a new home.
Whether you’re looking to build a new house in a new community, knockdown your old house and rebuild, keep things simple and build a house & land package, or undertake a multi-unit development, our job is to help you achieve your goals and all at your own pace.
Creating the Right Custom Home Design Solutions for Your Needs
With Mossman, there is no need to compromise on your dream. We will work with you to create a custom design solution to suit your site, your lifestyle and budget. No matter if you start with one of our pre-design, draw inspiration from out Gallery, or create a bespoke custom solution, our focus is on creating the right solution for your needs, without any compromise.
You will enjoy the collaborative effort with our design team to create a custom home solution that is truly bespoke to you. This means that our custom design process integrates your very specific ideas as we work collaboratively with you to design and build your stylish, functional, energy-efficient and liveable luxury home to meet your lifesytle needs.
Mossman Collaborative Custom Design Process
You will enjoy working with our in-house design team as they create a custom home solution to suite your site, style and budget. Our design team are passionate about helping each client realise their perfect home for their site and lifestyle needs.
How long will the design process take?
The design process from project brief through to concept design depends on a number of factors including the size and complexity of your project, and the timing of decisions made by you. Generally, we expect to achieve the following time frames*:
- Concept design and pricing proposal – 6 to 9 weeks
- Design Documentation – 4 to 6 months
*Note, the above timelines do not include town planning which is required for some projects.
We will review and fine tune your home design until you are completely satisfied and to make certain all of your specifications are included before preparing an all-inclusive, upfront pricing proposal.
Want to know more about our Design and Construction Process?
Our Four-Step Design Process:
- Concept Design: Initial meeting, site inspection, site survey. Followed by a Design Brief Meeting from which a design concept is developed and then a Design Presentation for client review. The design is then amended and finalised, followed by the New Home Proposal (NHP).
- Design Development: Funding approval and site information obtained, façade and elevations developed and presented. Floor plan, façade and elevations finalised.
- Final Design and Documentation: Interior Design Consultation (IDC), Town Planning/Developer Approval plans completed. Followed by the electrical consultation. Client initiates demolition process. Working drawings are prepared. Contracts are prepared and signed.
- Estimating and Permits: Demolition completed and post-demolition soil test undertaken (if applicable). Engineering finalised, Warranty insurance, Building Permit and Service Authority Approvals obtained. Construction documentation prepared and issued.
Comprehensive, All Inclusive End-to-End Construction Process
Included in your custom home proposal is a fully comprehensive, end-to-end service; from initial site assessment, guidance and advice on the demolition of any old structures (if a Knockdown Rebuild Project), right through to approvals, service authority negotiations, and construction delivery. Our construction process also includes:
- Meeting various Council requirements including building setbacks and planning overlays
- Coordination of all planning and building permits and service authority approvals
- Protection of existing vegetation, trees, and neighbouring properties
- Frontage and depth
- Adequate drainage
- Driveway position
- Orientation and natural light
- Setbacks and easements
- Street access and traffic control
- Power supply and other utilities
Also included are all Town Planning requirements – completed in-house by our own dedicated Town Planner who will take care of all project requirements with local Councils.